Simple ideas for the use of your new grain in the form of a flour include:
1. Breading allowed meats/fish.
Look at your diet choices : choose an allowed protein, an allowed grain flour, and an allowed spice.
Mix flour with all spices and salt.
1. Turn stove burner on medium heat
2. Add 1 Tbsp. oil to a pan.
3. Fry meat or fish, tofu or veggie covered, until both sides are brown
4. Cover with lid until serving time
For a gourmet touch, set fried item on a puree of allowed fruit (baby jar food is usually reliably one ingredient)
2. Making a pie crust
Although not as flaky, a hand-pressed oil crust is a quick way to enjoy a fast quiche, or a fresh fruit pie.
Your head, your heart and your digestive system will thank you. If you are making this with low-gluten flour, don’t worry about over-mixing this– it won’t matter (no tough proteins will form)
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Mix: 1 1/3 c flour, ½ tsp salt, 6T oil, 3 T water
3. Put oil on hands, shape dough into a ball and either:Press into a pie pan with hands-or-
Roll between two pieces of waxed paper with a rolling pin
4. Prick bottom with fork thoroughly
5. Bake at 375 for 12 min, cool
*Egg: (quiche) Make as directed above, but don’t bake yet: Mix 3 eggs with 1c milk or other liquid in a bowl, Pour into unbaked crust. Arrange allowed vegetables/cheeses on top. Bake for 60 min at 350.
*Fruit: Mix Fruit with 1T Sweetener as allowed (sugar, honey, juice concentrate, fruit-only jelly)
Pour into pre-baked shell, refrigerate until serving time.