After the last blog, a few of my freinds asked for what else can be done with over-ripe bananas.
Here is a list of suggestions, if ever you are stuck with a “problem” of Overripe Bananas. Thanks to my friends and my RD colleagues who helped me with this list.
1. Banana Bread
2. Add to your smoothie
3. Pakoras Indian-style (breaded and fried)
5. Spice it and make a vegetable
6. Dip them in chocolate and nuts and freeze them on popsicle sticks to eat as a frozen treat
7. Banana ravioli
8. Freeze them and use it later
9. Banana jam
10. Ice Cream
11. Banana Waffles.
12. Caramelize and make as a layer in trifle.
13. Sauteed Bananas with Orange Liqueur (yumm… sounds terrific!)
17. Make a banana wine (any Oenologist, wine expert reading this? )
18. Serve over yogurt
19. Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches
20. Cook for 10 minutes in a hot oven, peel, sprinkle on a little lemon juice
22. Stir into morning oatmeal
23. Don’t eat them, instead make a gorgeous facial mask by mashing it up!
Add a little honey and some oatmeal.Use for a great moisturizing scrub/mask for dry skin.
24. If they are black inside as well as outside, bury them at the base of a rose bush or other shrub.
As they decompose they feed the plant healthy nutrients.
What do you do with your overripe bananas?