1 cup Arborio rice/ brown rice
20 oz water
3 carrots medium size
1 Tbsp olive oil/ cooking oil
1 clove garlic
1 onion (finely chopped)
1 cup carrots (grated)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried sweet basil
1 tsp mozzarella/ Parmesan cheese 1 tsp
1. Make carrot juice in a blender,adding 3 carrots and 20 oz water. Do not strain, put the fiber to good use.
2. Cook rice adding 1 glass water. After 10 minutes, add carrot juice and let it cook for an additional 15-20 mins(approx).
2. In a heated pan, add oil and garlic. Saute for a minute.
3. Add finely chopped onions and saute for 4-5 minutes,then add the grated carrots.
4. Sprinkle your black pepper powder, finely crushed parsley and sweet basil.
5. Add the cooked rice, cheese and salt to taste.
6. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Cover it with a lid and let it rest for around 20 minutes.