Happy First Day of Spring!
Last weekend we got a 10 lbs box of sweet potatoes from Costco and now we are looking for creative recipes to enjoy them. My friend and physician Myrto Ashe suggested that I try her simple, easy to cook, delicious recipe today.
Boiled Sweet Potato – 2 (medium size- grated)
Zucchini – 1 (grated)
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Cinnamon – 1/4 tsp
Scallions – 2 (finely chopped)
Garbanzo flour – 1/4 cup
Oil – to brush on patties (optional)
Salt- to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Form into balls and then flatten into a patty.
3. Heat a cast iron or stick-free skillet on medium high.
4. Gently place the patties in the pan. You might want to lightly brush the patties with some oil.
5. Cook until nicely browned, 3-5 minutes on each side.
6. Cool on a wire rack while you cook the remaining patties.
7. Serve with chutney, sauce or ketch-up.