Aarti Batavia | Nutrition Wellness ConsultingNourish and nurture your inner being
Personal Nutrition Program
Personalized Nutrition Consultations
Aarti is a well- known functional medicine practitioner, registered dietitian nutritionist, adjunct faculty, speaker and culinary expert. Her goal is to help you to live a healthy and productive life.
Areas of Expertise include:
- Personalized Nutrition Care & Preventative Nutrition
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac and Non Celiac Gluten Sensitivity
- Crohn’s Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Migraines and Chronic Headache
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Fibromyalgia ( FM) and Joint Pain
- Pre-Diabetes/ Insulin Resistance and Type 2 Diabetes
- Cardiovascular Health
- Healthy Weight Management
- Women’s Health
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Mental Health
- Vegetarian and Vegan Diets
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hashimoto’s Disease
- Individualized Dietary Supplement Recommendation
If you would like to discuss a medical condition that is not listed above, please use the contact form for feedback whether Aarti can help you.
Aarti will utilize functional medicine principles to treat your chronic condition. Her primary goal is to investigate the underlying root cause of your ailment, and correct causal imbalances through nutrition and lifestyle changes.
Here are some of the things you can expect while working with Aarti:
1. Phone call discussion: During your first conversation, Aarti would like to understand your health concerns and goals you want to achieve while working with her. Once you set up an appointment, an initial visit packet will be emailed to you. Please make sure that you mail in the completed packet 3-5 days prior to your appointment.
2. Initial Consultation: This will entail a detailed interview and assessment of your medical history, labs, dietary history and lifestyle factors along with a nutrition-focused physical examination. Aarti may request some routine/ functional labs, food sensitivity testing to rule out nutritional deficiencies, underlying causes of inflammation and food sensitivities/ allergies. We will test, not guess. Aarti will then come up with a mutually discussed game-plan to help you achieve your health goals.
3. Second Visit/ Initial Follow up Consultation: Based on the labs/ medical and nutritional evaluations, we will begin to implement corrective measures utilizing food as medicine, supplements, and lifestyle changes. This will require 100% commitment from your side.Please understand that managing/ reversing chronic or autoimmune conditions does not happen overnight. It does take time and dedication. Unlike conventional medicine, which provides immediate symptomatic relief, functional medicine approach seeks to correct underlying imbalances. Your, time , commitment and active participation are critical to achieve your desired health goals.Remember, in your health journey, you will be the “driver” and Aarti will help you navigate utilizing her expertize. Pacing at the right speed and persevering through this treatment is of utmost importance.
4. Follow up Consultations: We will be tracking your progress during each visit utilizing symptom questionnaires and laboratory tests until you reach your desired health goal.
Aarti can either see you in person at any one of her offices in Novi, Ann Arbor or Royal Oak, MI or consult via phone consultation and/ or Skype. Please visit Contact page for details.
Sharing Labs & Forms
To send patient forms or lab results, please scan, attach and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to Fax: 248-468-1161
Although Aarti does not accept insurance, she can provide you with an invoice to submit to your insurance company. Reimbursement cannot be guaranteed as it depends upon each individual insurer.
Payment is due at time of service.
- Cash or Personal Check.
- Credit Cards: Visa and MasterCard.
Cancellations or Rescheduling Your Appointment
Please contact us 48 hours in advance if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment to avoid being charged for the full appointment fee. Contact us at: email@example.com
Vitamins / Supplements
Depending on your labs, genetic testing results and nutritional deficiencies, Aarti will recommend necessary vitamins and supplements to facilitate your health goals.
Aarti speaks at community and professional gatherings on a regular basis on preventative and functional nutrition. Each presentation is engaging and empowering, with the most up-to-date information on nutrition and health as it relates to the audience.
Some of her topics include:
- Let’s Spice it Up! – Herbs and Spices
- Functional Medicine: 101
- Food Allergies, Sensitivities or Intolerances…What’s on Your Plate?
- Nutrition for Longevity
- Food, Mood and Brain Connection
- Gluten- Free 101
- Recipe Modification for Healthier You
- Vegetarian Nutrition
- If Fad Diets Don’t Work, What Works?
- And more…
Tausha's Migriane Success Story to be aired on Dr OZ Show Happy to say that one of my patients Tausha, a long time migraine sufferer has gotten her life back and is migraine-free. She was invited for an interview with Dr. Mehmet Oz on his Dr. Oz Show which will be...read more
Facebook Status: "What do I do with a dozen of over-ripe bananas?" To solve this gordian task, my friends did come to rescue With over a dozen of creative suggestions. This made me think... a dozen ain't enough! To keep it simple, I used some in my smoothie and used...read more
Tofu, also known as bean curd or soy cheese, is thought to have originated in China more than 2,000 years ago. It is made by curdling soy milk and pressing the curds into a block. Today, tofu is used worldwide in recipes and is especially popular as a meat substitute...read more
This is a post that was originally published in Healthy and Fit Magazine in their Dec 2012 issue. Karen Giles-Smith RD , a writer and colleague called me to pick-up my thoughts. It was an interesting discussion on how certain foods such as saturated fats, so called...read more