This delicious and easy dish can be made by tossing asparagus and mushrooms together with oil, carrots , quinoa (Keen-Wah) parsley. Its worth a try!
Oil – 1Tbsp
Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
Garlic – 3 cloves (chopped)
Onion- 1/2 (finely chopped)
Asparagus spears- 7 (trimmed)
Mushrooms – 7-8 (sliced)
Carrot – 1 small (finely chopped)
Quinoa- 1 cup
Parsley, fresh – 1 Tbsp (chopped)
Water – 11/2 cups
Salt – 1 tsp
1. In a heated pot, add oil and temper the cumin seeds.
2. Add finely chopped garlic, onion and saute for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add asparagus spears, mushrooms, carrots and then cover the pot with a lid for let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
4. Mix quinoa and parsley. Pour water and turn to medium heat.
5. When the quinoa is simmering, cover it, reduce it to low heat and cook for 15-20 minutes.
6. When all the water is absorbed remove the pot from heat. Let sit covered for 5 minutes to finish steaming.
7. Fluff with fork before serving.